Sign in with your E-Mail & Password
Trending Network Articles
AvP Universe Movies
Alien vs. Predator
AvP Aliens vs Predator
Alien Discussion Forums
Sigourney Weaver hints at Alien 5 possibility!

Sigourney Weaver hints at Alien 5 possibility!

Scified2014-08-04 21:16:30https://www.scified.com/sites_pics/3774567131733046.png
Scified
2,121 Reads10 CommentsAdd A Comment

Alien icon, Sigourney Weaver continues to reiterate her interest in continuing on the Alien franchise in a fifth Alien film. The 64 year-old actress, who starred in every single Alien film since 1979 has expressed multiple times recently that she feels the Alien story has yet to find closure - stating that she "definitely feels the story is unresolved". While promoting Creative Assembly's Alien: Isolation game last week, Weaver sat down with The Guardian to discuss all things Alien, and why she feels the saga should continue.

"I definitely feel the story is unresolved, we never really finished it," she said. "That was sort of my responsibility, because I didn't like where the story was going – I'd already tried to kill myself in Alien 3. I didn't like the Alien vs Predator movies, I thought they were demeaning to a wonderful story. Jim Cameron said it was like Alien vs the Wolfman. For many reasons, I didn't want to pursue it, I wanted to do other things."

"As a former English major, I feel like … hmmm, I wish we’d finished this story," continued Weaver. "It feels incomplete to me. I wish it didn’t, but it does. We left it hanging. And there’s a way to finish this story that I think would be satisfying to me and the many fans."

It's evident Sigourney still has a lot of heart vested in the Alien franchise. Without her, it's unlikely the franchise would have become as popular as it has. With Ridley Scott focussing on alternative parallels in the Alien universe with Prometheus and diverting attention away from from the Xenomorph in particular, it's unlikely we'll actually see a direct sequel to Alien: Resurrection any time soon. However, Fox may choose to reboot the franchise in a similar way, like what they're currently doing with the Predator franchise. Only time will tell. In the mean time however, be sure to leave your opinions in the comments section below!

Source: The Guardian (via AvPG)

Continue discussing this topic as well as thousands more with other fans of Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator (AvP) in the AvP Online Forums here on AliensVersusPredator.net!

Written by ChrisPublished on 2014-08-04 21:16:30

Upgrade your collections with some fresh Alien Merchandise!

Check out some products below and click here for even more!

Alien hoodies
Alien T-Shirt
Alien tank top
Related Alien / Predator / AvP Articles
10 Fan responses to Sigourney Weaver hints at Alien 5 possibility!

Etienne Andlau

Alien EggMember0 XPAug-04-2014 11:12 PM

Well with Prometheus pretty much going in the direction of explaining

that the aliens were simply a genetic weapon of mass destruction ... I dont think

a "normal" Alien 5 would be very interesting.

We pretty much know the deal.

Two things we dont know yet ...

What would happen if these aliens were to succeed in their purpose.

What would happen next?

Would the engineers suddenly show up from somewhere?

Or would the aliens "breed" the engineers to continue with the task of rebuilding?

Or what if the aliens "malfunction" just as us the humans did after the engineers created us

and develop a more friendly demeanor that can actually be reasoned with?

I think as a "pure killing machine" the aliens cant be any more interesting and we already explored

all the bad corporate types wishing to exploit it.

So that is all old news ...

But my theory is that the engineers were also cloned or made by something else.

I dont think they were the ones who engineered us.

There is also a strong spiritual undertone to Prometheus and its engineers.

Maybe the saga could move more in that direction ...

Lone

Alien DroneMember2674 XPAug-05-2014 4:48 AM

They can reboot Aliens, Alien 3, Ressurection whatever they want......but leave Alien the hell alone!

As for 5.....what's the point? It'll just be another lousy movie to add to the franchise!

Honestly I have just about lost all faith in 20th Century Fox!!

Lone

Alien DroneMember2674 XPAug-05-2014 4:58 AM

PS They had better not mess up the Prometheus sequel!!

Golden Gear

Alien EggMember0 XPAug-05-2014 6:45 AM

Lone too late   xD

**Al**

Alien EggMember0 XPAug-05-2014 11:25 AM

haha Lone, '' la esperanza es lo último que se pierde''

Lone

Alien DroneMember2674 XPAug-05-2014 12:15 PM

Yeah, and they'll probably hire Michael Bay or J.J Abrahms to direct! :D

Major Noob

Alien EggMember0 XPAug-05-2014 12:51 PM

"JJ Abrams tapped to direct Prometheus 2"...I would dig my eyes out with a melon baller.

Major Noob

Alien EggMember0 XPAug-05-2014 12:57 PM

Oops I meant Alien 5. Then again, given what happened to the franchise, Abrams would be the next logical step in killing it for good.

Lone

Alien DroneMember2674 XPAug-06-2014 2:04 AM

It's the logical [or should that be illogical?] choice Major Noob!

**Al**

Alien EggMember0 XPAug-07-2014 8:59 AM

Lone!!!! *knock knock knock , touching wood* haha dont say that! haha.. you are invoking the bad spirits so they can put their directors in charge.

Add A Reply

Facehugger
setaverde
setaverde
62% To Next Rank
Facehugger
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien, Predator, Alien vs. Predator, AvP and their related entities, including images are propertyof 20th Century Fox Film Corp and are in no way owned or affiliated with this website. This is a fan website designed to give fans of the Alien and Predator film franchises and outlet to discuss their favorite movies, games, literature and more.

Scified is an entertainment media network covering the latest news on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and names of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.