Alien Movie Universe

Alien 5 maybe canned.

1600 Views8 Replies
Forum Topic

pulserifle187

MemberOvomorphAug-17-2015 1:10 AM

I follow Lance Hendriksen on facebook( link to follow). He said on his page that there has been no more development of the 5th alien movie. Sighting one of the reasons is the box office bomb of Neill Blomkamps lastest movie 'chappie'. The articule also states that neither Michael Beihn or Sigourney Weaver have received scripts.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3357375/michael-biehn-updates-neill-blomkamps-alien/

"how do you feel?"-" great, next stupid question"
8 Replies

Svanya

AdminPraetorianAug-17-2015 11:23 AM

Lance is the biggest gossip... It's possible I guess. I mean Bloomkamp got the movie when the studios thought he would create a boxoffice winner with Chappie and it turned out to be a huge dissapointment. I personally only know one person that liked Chappie. That said, I would like some official reports before believing it's not happening.

Chris

AdminEngineerAug-17-2015 12:39 PM

Bloody-disgusting's article makes no sense. I read it, its all speculation. Pretty baseless too considering Neill shared an update on the film just what, 4 weeks ago? He wouldn't say "Alien 5 going very well" if he had any doubt. Alien 5 is happening. Not sure why Bloody-disgusting is trying to say otherwise, other than to stir people up and get some traffic.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

BigDave

MemberDeaconAug-17-2015 7:28 PM

Well Blomkamp had been starting to work on more Concept work and he no doubt be fleshing out his draft and ideas after talks with Ridley Scott.

The movie seemed to be given the Green Light, but now we have News on Prometheus 2 to start Production latter in the Year and Shooting Next Year.

Does it make sense to put the movie on Hold?  This does not mean the movie wont Happen...

I am sure Ridley has sat down and discussed in detail the Movie and their is no signs that Ridley does not like it, and he had Blomkamp change some things.  So i would say the Pitch of the idea is something Fox and Ridley like.

If they feel that Blomkamp had produced another disappointment, this does not mean we wont see Alien 5

Ridley will be involved with the movie, and at worst case, then Blomkamp could just get a Part in the Production of the Movie but Fox could get another Director but Blomkamp would still get credited and play some role.

I think indeed the Movie would be moved back, and the main reason is RIDLEY SCOTT...

He wishes to make sure Prometheus Part 2 does the Franchise Justice and that it gets a better reception than the first Movie.

Ridley is very protective of his movies, he has not let much slip and he would not regarding Prometheus 2 until the Martian has been released World Wide

He would not want discussions about Prometheus to take the Edge and Shine of The Martian, and i feel this is the same reason for Alien 5 push back.

Ridley would not want to be competing with a Alien 5 movie, and especially if people have reservations about Alien 5, and if that movie Bombed then how many takers would take up Prometheus 2?

He would rather protect Prometheus 2 and then with the links he may or may not leave with this movie and then News of how some parts of Alien 5 had been changed to not clash with Prometheus 2 and Ridley playing a Producer role in Alien 5 it makes sense to release Prometheus 2 first..

Prometheus 2 does well, then it opens the door for Alien 5 to do well, if Prometheus 2 teases more links but does not give answers but even raises more Questions that could be hinted that a Alien 5 could cover... this leads anticipation for Alien 5.

If Alien 5 loosely covers some connections between the Engineers Tech and Xeno, then this could take some shine of Prometheus 2.

It makes perfect sense to release Prometheus 2 first...

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

BigDave

MemberDeaconAug-17-2015 7:38 PM

Unless Fox have got a sniff of the ideas i am trying to work on for Alien movies....

Alien Ascension (What became of Ripley 7's Chest Buster, and Weyland using Ripley 8 DNA)

Alien Unearthed (Weyland Minning and Refinary Acident, Unearths a Hidden Engineer Storage Facility well place they obtain a Organism).

Alien Affliction (a Human Vessel is intercepted in Space its crew in Stasis taken to near by Outpost 240 LY away unkown to them they are infected with a Organism)

; )

Sorry for Off Topic Spamming....  may repost my Topic on this to these boards as they are on Prometheus one at the moment.. or just link to them..

But yes back to the Alien 5 Topic... i can not see it being Canned....

If Prometheus 2 Bombs however, then maybe but then would they not had started work on Alien 5 before Prometheus 2 hits the Cinema?

oduodu

MemberXenomorphAug-17-2015 9:16 PM

OP

Thanks for sharing !!

I agree with Chris and Svanya. Alien 5 probably will happen. When will they ask an established director to make an alien movie ??

Ridley one movie before alien.

Cameron Rambo and T1 (I think) before Aliens

Fincher none(??)

I guess resurrection doesn't count. Feel like pulling my hair out. Will we ever see two successive alien franchise movies with the same director ??

Oh yes maybe Prometheus......

LOL

pulserifle187

MemberOvomorphAug-18-2015 1:16 AM

I would say there is a good chance that Alien 5 will go ahead. But I have heard of movie projects going a lot further than this and then getting canned. Lets hope not. I agree with Chris about the source. 

I don't know if a using much wisdom when I say this but I don't think Neill Blomkamp style of film making suits an Alien movie, I hope I'm wrong...Would someone please convince me.

"how do you feel?"-" great, next stupid question"

oduodu

MemberXenomorphAug-20-2015 7:06 AM

Op

I agree with you i think Blomkamp's heart is in the right place. Who is going to write the script ??

Maybe they should ask Lindeloff !!

LOL !!!!!

BigDave

MemberDeaconAug-21-2015 5:22 PM

To be fair i think Lindeloff has some amazing ideas... but i think he should be allowed to pitch them and make a draft but then get someone else in to then EDIT his draft..

Thats what should have been done with Prometheus but as in a Topic i made on the Prometheus forums... the movies faults was not all down to Lindeloffs drafts.. but execution to Screen and the Cut/Edit of the movie.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Kongzilla
Kongzilla » Chestburster
67% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums