Alien Movie Universe

Did Xenomorphs eat people

6790 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

KaijuFall3

MemberFacehuggerMar-05-2015 5:47 AM

i was playing avp and i one part you see a shadow of a xeno eating a person and if they dont ehat do they eat

"i dont know what weapons will be used in world war 3 but i know what wil be in world war 4...sticks and stones"Albert Eienstien

16 Replies

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMar-05-2015 6:36 AM

yes in avp there is a scene where an alien is eating someone.

Svanya

AdminPraetorianMar-05-2015 6:45 AM

In the novelisation of ALIEN, the Xeno gets into a storage locker and eats everything from junk food to batteries. They eat anything that gives energy basically, people included.

shambs

MemberOvomorphMar-05-2015 7:49 AM

And the Runner from Alien 3? There is a scene where it seems that was eating one of his victims, though I could be wrong.

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMar-05-2015 8:39 AM

Oh dear not sure anymore. Must have been alien 3 then. But there definitely was a scene where an alien was eating someone

Sorry

victor_the_velociraptor

MemberOvomorphMar-06-2015 5:56 AM

They probably have eaten people, I mean, they have teeth for a reason dont they?

CarynParnall

MemberOvomorphMar-06-2015 11:34 PM

Every living creature needs some sort of energy source, right?  My perspective is much like Svanya said: they'll eat a battery if they need to.  The thing is, the Alien appears to only eat at certain times.  It doesn't necessarily require the same types of energy as us, and may not require as much energy to grow as we do. There's relatively nothing in the desert, and "no man needs nothing".  Nothing needs absolutely nothing to survive.  There's something that makes David run, an energy source; but Miss Vickers didn't know which cord to cut.  In Prometheus, we see David consume a strange substance. By Bishop's time Androids don't normally eat.  Maybe there's something going on, where Androids and Aliens only need to eat once or twice -- when they're young.

Dinozilla0439

MemberOvomorphMar-07-2015 12:01 PM

Okay, not very knowledgeable on this franchise, can someone tell me what a Xenomorph is? I've heard about them various times.

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMar-08-2015 1:08 AM

that is the alien creature that you see in the movies . starting with alien in 1979. the term comes from the second alien movie when gorman while adressing his troops says that a xenomorph is suspected. the term rougly translates translates to unknown - weird - or strange shapes. it is from greek i think. thats why there is a blog called strange shapes that has many fine articles on the alien franchise written by valaquen.

Xeno-Schmeeno!

you can read this article on the prometheus alien subsection on the matter.

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMar-08-2015 1:15 AM

i think there is a scene in requim where the alien is eating someone and you can here the inner moving jaws slash out and and inti someone. could be wrong

Lone

MemberPraetorianMar-09-2015 5:06 AM

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

oduodu

MemberXenomorphMar-10-2015 4:42 AM

does he have a pshychologist to talk to ??

CarynParnall

MemberOvomorphMar-10-2015 8:17 AM

All it needs is a cat, like Jonesy.  Cats just sense things y'know?

I do, however, worry that the cats will eventually take over :)

The parasite that cats carry (Toxoplasma gondii) subtly influences thinking, which makes us all mind slaves to their life-cycle, and places cats above us (causing everyone to post cat pictures lol). 

Males infected by Toxoplasma gondii suffer from lowered IQ's, they become less emotional.  Most parasites alter their hosts' behaviour; they affect the brain & modify behaviour in subtle ways.  However, IQ's dropped while Jonesy was away anyway.

@Dinozilla0439 - IMO the Xeno is somewhat parasitic in nature (more than insectoid).  Things could be going on under the surface; the Alien itself might modify the behaviour of the host - to make them hungry.  After Kane eats, the chestbursting occurs.

The Alien inherits traits from its hosts; Kane & the Canine were omnivores, so the creature picks up the genetic instinct to eat.

There's a parasitic wasp species that deposits spores in ants to alter thinking.  The infected ant walks around in a zombified state, gathering extra food, until the transformation is complete. Suddenly a number of baby wasps/wasp larvae burst from the Ant's head ;)  They emerge from the zombified, mind-controlled insect. 

Polysphincta gutfreundi attaches eggs to the bellies of spiders; a wormlike larva emerges, releasing chemicals that cause spiders to use their own silk to spin the cocoon in which the larva develops.  It's complicated... They might not need food.  We are the Ants now.

Top Hat Gyaos

MemberOvomorphApr-27-2015 10:39 PM

I can't recall, but in the special features of Alien 3, they might've said something about the runner Xeno devouring its victims. Plus, I think its safe to say they would eat the host body they come out of if it's in a secluded area; the original drone might;ve taken the opportunity to eat Kane if they didn't launch his body into space.

Be yourself, for everyone else is taken.

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-29-2015 8:06 AM
The Alien Draft suggested the Alien Part eats some of the crew, scenes in other movies have shown us this is the case. And as other users have said it is a lifeform that would need some kind of Energy Source and also having teeth it would seem strange to have this trait and not use it for eating.... But then Teeth could be a trait the Organism obtains from its host.

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

BigDave

MemberDeaconJul-29-2015 8:29 AM

i would also add that maybe the Organism needs to consume some Genetic Material that it can process into material that it uses in order to create the Cocoons and Eggs?

R.I.P Sox  01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017

felix9000

MemberOvomorphJan-20-2016 12:41 AM

I think I remember seeing the dog alien in 3 snacking on a prostrated dude. Maybe in the DC? I must rewatch it now!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Alien & Predator Alien & Predator Fandom
Alien Movie Universe Forums
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Romulus Discuss the new Fede Alvarez Alien movie here
Alien
Alien Discuss all things Alien here
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Covenant Discuss the Prometheus Sequel, Alien: Covenant
Alien FX TV Series
Alien FX TV Series Discuss the Alien FX TV series here!
Alien Games
Alien Games Discuss Alien games here
Alien 5 Movie
Alien 5 Movie Discuss Neill Blomkamps’s vision for Alien 5 here
Alien Movies
Alien Movies Discuss the Classic Alien Films
Prometheus
Prometheus Everything About Prometheus
Prometheus Fan Art
Prometheus Fan Art Artwork & Fiction From the Fans
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
ninXeno426
ninXeno426 » Praetorian
62% To Next Rank
Thoughts_Dreams
Thoughts_Dreams » Neomorph
85% To Next Rank
MonsterZero
MonsterZero » Xenomorph
92% To Next Rank
Neomorph
Neomorph » Chestburster
80% To Next Rank
Kongzilla
Kongzilla » Chestburster
67% To Next Rank
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums